St. Patrick Church is part of the Catholic Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph
+ Led by Bishop James V. Johnston, Jr. (2015-now) Read more about our Bishop
+ Diocese founded in August 29, 1956, combining the Diocese of St. Joseph (founded March 3, 1868) and the Diocese of Kansas City (founded September 10, 1880)
+ Comprised of 27 counties in the State of Missouri: Andrew, Atchison, Bates, Buchanan, Caldwell, Carroll, Cass, Clay, Clinton, Daviess, DeKalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Henry, Holt, Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Platte, Ray, St. Clair, Vernon, and Worth
Please visit the Diocese website below for more information and questions:
Child and Youth Protection
The core value of the OCYP is the protection of children from sexual abuse.
We strive to build trust and positive relationships in our community by:
- Acknowledging and repenting for the failures of the past
- Providing care and support
- Educating and training
- Responding appropriately to allegations
- Comply with the Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
- Reach out to victims and their families and demonstrate a sincere commitment to their spiritual and emotional well-being.
- Educate children about their rights to a safe environment and empower them to speak up.
- Train adults to recognize warning signs, to report suspicions of sexual abuse and foster safe environments for children.
- Report all allegations of sexual abuse to civil authorities.
- Investigate all allegations of sexual abuse of a minor against clerics, employees and volunteers of the diocese, providing findings to the Independent Review Board for recommendations to the Bishop.
Office of Child and Youth Protection
Carrie Cooper, Director: (816) 714-2380
Sherry Huffman, Safe Environment Program Coordinator: (816) 714-2394
Kathleen Chastain, Victim Services Coordinator: (816) 392-0011
Sarah Parr, Administrative Assistant: (816) 714-2384